Mathematics is a compulsory course. Key stage 3 lessons build on the mathematical concepts and learning skills acquired in earlier years, whilst new topics of a more advanced level are introduced.
Students will be assessed through regular tests and weekly homework activities.
- Integers, powers and roots
- Sequences, functions and graphs
- Lines, angles and shape
- Data, interpreting results
- Construction and loci
- Calculation and accuracy
- Simplifying and substitution
- Ratio and proportion
- Forming and solving equations
- Area and Perimeter
- Volume and Surface area
- Fractions decimals and percentages
- Statistical enquiry