The objectives of this dress code are:
- To prepare students for expectations from future employers
- To promote self-esteem amongst our students
- To set high standards as role models for the whole academy and to maintain Walton’s excellent reputation in the wider community.
• Smart suit or trousers/skirt/dress, with matching jacket
• Ties are optional
• Skirts are to be on or below the knee
• An appropriate shirt, top or blouse (sleeveless tops are permitted as long as shoulders are covered. Strappy tops/low cut tops are not permitted)
• Smart shoes, with heel up to 6 cm
• Smart boots (UGG style boots are not permitted)
All students are expected to dress appropriately at all times. Extremes of fashion, hair colour and style are not acceptable. We reserve the right to tell a student if their dress is not appropriate. Students will be sent home and parents will be contacted. The following are examples of inappropriate dress:
- Inappropriate footwear, including trainers and plimsolls – please be aware of health and safety rules in laboratories/specialist rooms
- Hats, hoods and caps in the school building
- T-shirt with political and/or offensive slogans
- Facial and visible body piercings
- Visible tattoos
- Leggings, unless worn under an appropriate length skirt or dress
- Denim of any colour
- Clothes with rips or tears
- Musical theatre students must adhere to the musical theatre dress code, which is to wear black trainers.
SMART DRESS TO BE WORN MONDAY TO THURSDAY
Dress down Friday
You may wear casual clothes such as hoodies, tee shirts and jeans (not ripped) but must not wear revealing items.