The objectives of this dress code are:
- To prepare students for expectations from future employers.
- To promote self-esteem amongst our students.
- To set high standards as role models for the whole academy and to maintain Walton’s excellent reputation in the wider community.
Female dress code
- Smart trousers, skirt or dress, with matching jacket.
- Skirts are to be on or below the knee. Short skirts and maxi skirts are not permitted.
- An appropriate top or blouse. (Sleeveless tops are permitted as long as shoulders are covered. Strappy tops / low cut tops are not permitted).
- Smart shoes, with heel up to 6 cm.
- Smart boots (UGG style boots are not permitted).
Male dress code
- Smart suit or jacket and trousers.
- Shirt (tie optional).
- Smart shoes.
All students are expected to dress appropriately at all times. Extremes of fashion, hair colour and style are not acceptable. We reserve the right to tell a student if his / her dress is not appropriate. Students will be subject to a sanction, such as an after school detention or may be sent home and parents contacted. The following are examples of inappropriate dress:
- Inappropriate footwear, including trainers and plimsolls – please be aware of health and safety rules in laboratories / specialist rooms.
- Hats, hoods and caps in the school building.
- T-shirt with political and / or offensive slogans.
- Facial and visible body piercings. Clear nose studs are allowed.
- Visible tattoos.
- Leggings, unless worn under an appropriate length skirt or dress.
- Denim of any colour.
- Clothes with rips or tears.
Dress down Friday
- No ripped jeans.
- No crop tops.
- No shorts.
- No strappy tops.