Extra-curricular opportunities are an important and significant area of learning as they provide students with new and challenging experiences.
Walton Post 16 provides students with a broad range of enrichment opportunities to support their learning and to help develop life skills.
A range of enrichment opportunities will be given to students and will include: supporting students in the lower school as mentors, working within departments or with students in tutor groups, theatre visits, sporting events, visits abroad and a debating society.
Walton Post 16 has long tradition of excellence at the Fashion Academy, with many students winning numerous awards for their designs.
Walton’s performing arts team offers a wide range of opportunities for Post 16 students participate in numerous productions both locally and nationally.
Walton Post 16 is passionate about offering STEM enrichment opportunities to students throughout their courses, working in partnership with the Ogden Trust and the Supporting Physics Teaching Network.
Extra-curricular and enrichment opportunities at Walton
- Principal Student and Deputy Principal Student
- Post 16 Leadership Team
- Post 16 Journalist Team
- Post 16 Debating Society
- Form leaders and deputies
- Mental Health Ambassadors
- Performing in drama, dance and musical theatre productions
- Subject leaders
- Chemistry clubs (years 12 and 13)
- Physics lectures in London
- Art enrichment visits to London, Sheffield and Harlaxton Manor
- Newton Lecture at RAF Cranwell
- Interview practice and CV writing workshops
- Fitness and relaxation boot camp
- Revision and exam preparation skills
- Crest Awards
- Ogden Scholarship
- Isaac Physics Boot Camp
- The Walton Lectures