Why choose this subject?
Unlock your creative potential with Gold Arts Award level 3. This prestigious programme empowers you to explore, develop, and showcase your artistic talents. With a focus on both artistic skill and personal growth, it challenges you to dive deeper into your chosen art forms, whether it’s visual arts, performing arts, or any creative discipline. You’ll collaborate with experienced staff, expand your artistic horizons, and create a portfolio that reflects your artistic journey.
As you embark on exciting projects, interact with professional artists, and share your creativity, you’ll refine your artistic abilities while gaining invaluable leadership and project management skills.
How will this subject be delivered?
There are two units:
Unit 1: Personal arts development
- Extend own arts practice
- Identify and participate in development opportunities within the wider arts sector
- Research advanced practitioners and review arts events/experiences
- Form and communicate a view on an arts issue
Unit 2: Leadership of an arts project
Plan the project
- Identify the project aims and outcomes
- Organise the people and resources
Deliver the project
- Manage the effectiveness of the project
- Manage a public showing of the work
Review their leadership of the project
- Review their leadership development and find effective ways to collect and evaluate feedback from participants, audience members and other stakeholders
How is it assessed?
To pass unit 1 and unit 2 of Gold Arts Award, students are required to create an individual arts
portfolio that demonstrates how they meet the requirements. Arts portfolios can be created in any format. Learners can use written, visual and digital methods to record work for their evidence.
Subject specific entry requirements
Students should have gained at least 5 GCSE grades 5 to 9 including
maths and English language.
Gold Arts Award level 3 provides essential support for advancing into the arts and cultural sectors, offering a direct pathway to further training and employment opportunities. This prestigious award also comes with UCAS points recognised by higher education institutions and vocational establishments, and can significantly contribute to meeting admission prerequisites for various courses when pursued alongside other qualifications within a two-year learning programme.
Additional costs relating to this course
There are no additional costs relating to the course.